Sunday, March 14, 2010

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour - My next car?????

For those of you who know me well, you know two things about me and cars. 1st, I'm mainly a Honda snob but have had several other makes of vehicles including Ford, Toyota and Kia. Second, I'm not a fan of the sedan. I've been doing research on a couple of cars to replace my car in the next year or so.

I have an unexpected review today for the new Honda Accord Crosstour.

I had an appointment on Saturday to have my '07 Honda Fit serviced at South Tacoma Honda in Tacoma, WA. We dropped it off and headed out for the day. When we returned for my car, Mike turned into the wrong driveway and had to go through the sales lot to get to the Service department side of the lot.

He paused when we saw the Crosstours. I had only seen them on Honda's website, but I liked what I saw even then. We didn't get out of the car to look closer but I was every interested to see that the inside looked like.

Once I paid for my service, I drove my car up to the Sales area. I saw that my salesman was working so it was time to get a closer look at the Crosstour. The main thing that I loved about the Crosstour was that it was a hatchback! I am not a sedan person. It is also offered as a front wheel or all-wheel drive model.

The trunk area was massive! It even had a hidden compartment for valuables to be completely hidden. The rear seats can be let down from the rear with handles that were within my reach. I'm a shorty so it was nice to have things easily accessible for me.

To accommodate the hidden compartment meant that the spare tire is now underneath the car like a truck. I'm not a big fan of that, but I guess I'd just make sure I had a towel in the car for me to kneel on and not get dirty myself.

I sat in the car... Comfy!!! I sat in both the driver and passenger seats. Lots of interior bells and whistles. Can you say MOONROOF!?! I've lived without one for entirely too long now. There are heated seats for the leather interior EX-L. The volume controls are on the steering wheel. There is also two types of hook ups for iPods or MP3 players.

I did decline a test drive for now. I want Mike to be there when we are more ready to buy. There is a second competitor in the mix for me though. I'm also interested in the Mini Clubman. I need to sit in one the same as I did the Crosstour. I've liked what I've researched and peeked into in a parking lot. The price is similar. So it's gonna come down to which one I truly fall for.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment