Sunday, July 31, 2011

Le Butcherettes opening for the Super Geek League CD release party on July, 29, 2012 at El Corazon, Seattle, WA

Normally I would talk about an entire show but this time I'm just too damn excited to discover this band so I'm going to completely gloss over the local bands they were opening for in this blog.

I got to El Corazon early. I was expecting to get there to see Post Modern Heroes start off the show followed by Witchburn and ending with Super Geek League's CD release show. What I didn't know was that a little known band out of Mexico/Los Angeles got added to the bill as the first act.

When the band took the stage, there were MAYBE 30 people in the house and most of those were band members for the other bands appearing later. I myself was up on the second level talking to Robot from PMH. It took about 30 seconds in to the first song before I was down on the floor right in front of Teri "Gender Bender" Suarez.

She came out on stage in a dress with a white apron covered in some fake blood as if she had been doing some recent butchering. Teri switches between guitar and keyboard with Omar Rodrigues Lopez on bass and Gabe Serbian of The Locust on drums. Think White Stripes with a female lead. Just raw beats with Teri captivating the show.

Not far into the second song, Teri had blood dripping down her face. Another blood pack. It was convincing. She had a kind of 'Carrie' thing going on if you recall the movie.



















Once the show was over, I talked to her for a bit. Mainly, I wanted a CD and needed to know if they had any at their merch booth. She thanked me for dancing and said it was beautiful. If you weren't dancing to them, there is something wrong with you. Really wrong.

Anyway. I found out that they were touring with Queens of the Stoneage but since Queens was opening for Soundgarden at the Gorge that weekend, they decided to come to Seattle and book a show instead of taking a few days off. Lucky for me, they had no egos and were happy to open up a local bands show.

Back to the blood pack on Teri's forehead... I finished editing my photos and tagged the band in the album. Needless to say that I was shocked when Omar said that she had actually cut her head open on one of Gabe's cymbals. She didn't say a word. She just kept on performing and didn't let on she was injured! She became my hero right then and there. I still in awe of her not stopping to get attention to her forehead. She'd rather finish a set for 30 people than stop. Please take a quick look or listen to them on YouTube or Facebook.





No comments:

Post a Comment